1. Period of Hire. Letting starts at 4pm on the day of arrival and ends at 10am on the day of departure. Lets are on a weekly basis (Saturday to Saturday except at Christmas and New Year) and the maximum period of let is 3 weeks. The house is let for holiday purposes only and only to the persons named on the booking form. Short term lets of 4 days may be possible subject to availability.
2. Booking & Payment. A firm booking is accepted following confirmation of availability. A deposit of £150 for each rental week is payable when a booking is made. The balance of the hire charge shall be payable 6 weeks before the commencement of the letting period. If the balance is not received by this date then the Owners will be entitled to re-let for the period and the deposit will be forfeited by the Client. For booking made less than 4 weeks in advance, full payment is required at time of booking. Acceptable methods of payment are:
Cheques drawn on a UK bank account, made payable to: Clare Fisher
Direct transfer to UK bank account, details on request.
Once the booking is confirmed by the Owners the Client is responsible for the full hire charge.
3. Cancellations. Should a cancellation be made by the Client, the Owners will seek to re-let the property for the period of hire. If successful in doing so a full refund will be made, if not the deposit will be forfeited by the Client. If cancellation occurs less than 6 weeks prior to hire and the Owners are unable to re-let for the period, then the entire hire fee will be forfeited by the Client.
4. Availability. If Bruchlas cannot be made available for the period booked due to events beyond the Owners’ control and the Owners are forced to cancel the booking, the whole of the hire charge will be refunded and the Client will have no further claim against the Owners. Clients are strongly advised to take out a Holiday Cancellation Insurance Policy.
5. Services. Use of electricity, firewood, sheets, duvets and towels are all included in the weekly tariffs.
6. Number of Persons using the properties. The number of persons occupying the properties should not exceed six (plus one baby in the cot). Subletting is strictly prohibited.
7. Complaints & Problems. Should there be any problem or cause for complaint during or after a period of letting, please contact me as soon as possible and we will attempt to fix the problem.
8. Breakage or Damage. For the benefit of the next clients staying in the house, please advise me of any breakage or damage that occurs during your stay. I do not charge for breakages or damage which occur as a result of normal use, but reserve the right to demand payment for damage or breakages which occur as a result of reckless or deliberate misuse.
9. Care of Property. The Client shall take reasonable and proper care of the property, its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in or on the property and leave them in the same clean and tidy condition and state of repair at the end of the letting period as at the beginning.
10. Pets. Unfortunately, we do not allow dogs or any other pets in the house.
11. Smoking is not permitted indoors.
12. Liability. The Owners shall have no liability for any death, personal injury, damage or loss of personal property unless this results from our own negligence.
13. Right of Entry. We reserve the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for the purposes of inspection or to carry out necessary repairs or maintenance.
14. Injury Loss or Damage. The use of the property and its equipment is entirely at the Client’s risk and no responsibility can be accepted by the Owners for injury to the Client or a member of his or her party, not for injury loss or damage to their belongings, including motor vehicles. Client’s Responsibility – The Client is responsible for the property and its contents which should be left clean at the end of the holiday, and breakages, damage or faults reported to the Owners.
15. Contract. The Contract of Hire is between the Client and Clare Fisher, owner of Bruchlas at Sasaig, Sleat, Skye.